Saturday, May 28, 2011

SHOW ME THE WAY TO GO HOME

I am making the morning coffee and realizing I do much better when I wake up before I seize the  day. If  I don't become conscious first I will miss God wanting to be the first of many to tell me to "have a good day." The Bible tells me that God has prepared plenty of opportunities for a beautiful life, but like all of humanity, I tend to miss the point.  According to a biblical image I take my position, raise my bow and let the arrow fly only to totally miss the mark. I'm not awake.  Or are we all drunk on cheap wine.  A centuries old story tells of a drunk walking aimlessly at four a.m. .  A policeman stops him and asks, "Why are you out wandering the streets in the middle of the night?" "Sir, if I knew the answer to that question, I would have been home hours ago." And Rumi, the poet, wrestles with the meaning of soul (and the effects of the wine) says, "I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here will have to take me home."Without the wine, I know the feeling and need a refill on my coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment