Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Travel On


As I recover from my avalanche of affection (aka my 81st birthday), I am amazed again  at the grace of God and the gifting of more years to travel on in this beautiful world.  One gift from my kids was a simple paperweight.  Encased in an artfully done glass frame were these words from Henry Miller: "One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things."  How grateful I am that I did not die with my prostrate cancer in 1992.  I have had many years since then to see things differently. What an exciting and rewarding journey that has been--and is. I discover my deeper "I", my soul, so slowly I need these extra "overtime" years and appreciate each one.  In recent years my inner self has become a map*- which gives clues to God's will for this part of my journey. I'm glad I am not younger.  Been there and done that. This adventure is more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment