Monday, September 19, 2011

Move Anyway

Charlie wonders if his swollen, painful feet are trying take him somewhere.  Since I can't walk very far or very fast, I have been forced to go inside myself to do any real exploring. As T. S. Eliot advised, I must "be still and still moving into another intensity . . . for a deeper communion." It is what I called in my previous blog, "home." The home I understand is my truest self,  a self in God where the Holy Spirit serves as a "homing device." The "God-shaped void" is calling. The challenge is that I have to leave behind my "false self" or ego. That is good riddance but hard to shake. But there is a dependable guide in this exploring. "The love of God has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has  been given to us." (Romans 5:5). I now have opportunity to practice what I often preached: the call to human being rather than mere human doing.  I am continuing to take my meds and do my p.t. with a view to being more active again. Meanwhile I do most of my exploring inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment